According to a clinical survey by the Association for Pet Obesity Prevention, 58.9% of cats are clinically overweight.
6 Health Risks for Overweight Cats are:
- Diabetes: obese cats are 2–4 times more likely to develop diabetes
- Arthritis: obese cats are 3–5 times more likely to develop arthritis
- Flaky, dry skin or acne: skin problems are two times more common in overweight cats
- Greater risk when undergoing surgery/anesthesia
- Poor liver function due to fat buildup in the liver
- Decreased lifespan/quality of life